Home > Transparency Posts > Keep the Suggestions Coming: Transparency Task Force Re-opens Public Docket for More Comments

On August 18, FDA announced in the Federal Register that the docket for the transparency task force, available at

www.regulations.gov

, is re-opening for more comments until November 6, 2009.

When the agency announced the formation of the Transparency Task Force, in addition to launching the blog, the task force opened a public docket to solicit comments from the public on improving transparency at the agency. As of August 7, when the docket officially closed, we had received over 900 comments from a range of people — consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, regulated industry, and others. The task force will use these comments to inform recommendations about transparency at the agency that will be provided in a report to Commissioner Hamburg in about five months.

The task force greatly appreciates the input and feedback it has received to date. Due to our desire to keep hearing from the public on this issue and to assist us in planning the second public meeting in the fall, the task force has decided to re-open the public docket for comments. In addition to commenting on the blog, you can provide longer and more detailed comments on the docket until November 6, 2009.

Keep the suggestions coming! And thanks for your ideas and comments to date.

Transparency Task Force

1. Drew Ade
    September 22, 2009 at 2:56 am

I think it’s great that there are so many people actively providing feedback. The world needs more of this.

2. Zachary
    September 25, 2009 at 5:12 am

I would suggest that the FDA ban menthol cigarettes as well as other flavored cigarettes. If you don’t, I have a hard time seeing how the government is anything but corrupt in regulating only a small factor of a market. Maybe, though it’s because the menthols sold are so high, the gov’t gains tax revenue from that which will be used to fund other social programs, etc.
    I dont know, I just wish things were across the board and not just hand picked.

3. Stomach Bloating
    November 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I would like to know exactly how many FDA employees are former pharmaceutical employees. Can you tell us or is this a government secret?

4. jordan retro v
    May 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm

5. March 30, 2011 at 6:29 am

• April 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm

FDA does not track how many FDA employees are former pharmaceutical employees.

6. Alarm Security
    August 7, 2013 at 10:09 am

Small farms are vital to our food supply and are also important ot the local economy. Alarm Security

7. Yong
    January 14, 2014 at 12:06 am

Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit yet again since I bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

1. January 31, 2012 at 11:22 pm