Home > FDA Basics > Find Out More About FDA: New Questions and Answers Available on FDA Basics

Find Out More About FDA: New Questions and Answers Available on FDA Basics

Based on comments from the public, FDA has added 7 new questions to FDA Basics, the web-based resource that provides information about FDA and what the agency does.  Below is a sample of some of the new questions about FDA and the work we do.

When and why was FDA formed?

How do I report a bad reaction to medicne or medication error to FDA?

What is a 'recall'?

Is FDA responsible for regulating pesticides that are used in animal products?

Find out answers to these questions and more at FDA Basics!

Afia Asamoah, Transparency Initiative Coordinator

1. Ana | Blog Traffic Generation
    July 28, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I had no idea EPA and FDA shared the responsibility of regulating the pesticides as they relate to animal products.
    It’s great to see agencies work together; however, I am sure it creates some problems as well. Streamlining such tasks might be a good thing, when applicable.
    Respectfully,
    Ana Hoffman

2. John Wiliams
    July 29, 2010 at 2:54 am

Many people are trying to find some answers about FDA. It is good to read that FDA really cares constantly expand information about their work. Recognition and detailed answering of question will certainly contribute about positive influence to us, just an ordinary people who usually don’t know much about FDA.

3. IPSS Alex
    July 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Are there any PowerPoint presentations about FDA, its work and FDA basics? Where to find them?
    It would be great if you have them on slideshare.net or anywhere else available for everyone.

4. Brent the paralegal degrees guy
    July 30, 2010 at 4:31 am

I second Ana, and thanks for the info about reporting by consumers in MedWatch program. As a paralegal I can now tell clients to fill the form by themselves.

5. Matt Taylor
    August 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

In my opinion, FDA is a very important organisation. Crucial for its acceptance is an honest information policy so that people know and understand what FDA stands for. Many young people have to be taken care of and FDA should to try to reach those people who really need advice.

6. Afia Asamoah, Transparency Initiative Coordinator
    August 2, 2010 at 10:34 am

You can find PowerPoint presentations from FDA Basics webinars at http://www.fda.gov/fdabasics. Click on “Ask Us: FDA Basics Webinar Series.”

7. Van Gogh
    August 21, 2010 at 4:36 am

After reading your post, I thought your thoughts were very naive but as I kept reading on, I do see you have a point. Keep on writing, I will keep on coming by to read your new content.

8. September 25, 2011 at 9:11 am

9. best coupon deal online
    November 30, 2011 at 7:30 am

G’Day! Fdatransparencyblog,
    Thanks for that, The Twilight Saga has turned out to be one of the most common sequence in the very last ten years. To show that this is this case the USA noted that all four of the Twilight Saga books have been the most marketed guides of 2009. There are lovers of the Twilight sequence fondly identified as “Twi-hards” and then there are these individuals that no nothing at all about the collection!
    Cheerio

10. guide traffic light viewer
    May 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm

this is a great website with alot of info, i am going to bookmark this,thanks bro

11. Computer Repairs
    May 11, 2013 at 7:07 am

I all the time used to read paragraph in news papers but now
    as I am a user of net so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.