Home > FDA Basics > New FDA Basics Video Available about the Effective and Proper Uses of Medicines and Devices in Children

October 13, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

As part of FDA Basics, FDA has posted a video with Dr. Dianne Murphy, director of FDA’s Office of Pediatric Therapeutics.  Dr. Murphy discusses how FDA helps to develop knowledge about the proper and effective use of drugs and devices in children.  View the video below.

1. October 15, 2010 at 12:07 am | #1

Many years ago I was a principle in a company that performed ultrasound studies for rural hospitals. I was amazed at the differences and the need for expertise, as well as, specialized equipment in testing and the handling of children, not to mention neonates, versus adults. I think the Office of Pediatric Therapeutics has definite benefits and will be an asset to the FDA.

2. October 25, 2010 at 10:47 pm | #2

Great Information , thank you for sharing with us

3. Vic
    October 27, 2010 at 7:22 pm | #3

Thanks for this transparent blog. The federal must really orient how to properly use medicines and devices in children. That is why we have pediatricians, who are specialists when it comes to dealing with the children.

4. October 28, 2010 at 8:12 pm | #4

yeah perison I was amazed at the differences and the need for expertise, as well as, specialized equipment in testing and the handling of children.

5. November 8, 2010 at 10:26 am | #5

@author

Nice share, have to take care of my kids..

6. November 22, 2010 at 4:32 am | #6

Great information ,Thank you so much

7. December 6, 2010 at 9:57 am | #7

Hi
    Thanks for that, but I do not agree that you should be doing these tests on kids, as what risks are there involved?

8. June 17, 2011 at 11:09 am | #8

Great Information, But leave my kid alone,thanks.

9. August 24, 2011 at 10:31 am | #9

Research needs to be performed to get data and results. Just need to make sure there are sufficient standards held. Good report.

10. a video biography bee gees
    November 29, 2011 at 7:44 am | #10

Hi There Fdatransparencyblog,
    Interesting Post, It began with my dad likely on the hunter-gatherer diet regime final summer season. Just after grasping about it, I switched to it, and fairly quickly grew to become disgusted of the food items we’re implemented to ordinarily eating. After a at the same time, even so, it grew to become an more costly food plan method, so I reverted back to usual consuming behavior, yet however questioned. When you search round plenty of for information about foods, you may learn that the FDA is seriously, truly corrupt with what they say is “pass” or “fail” in the foodstuff community. Then I began pondering human intelligence and what would make most people so stupid and greedy.

And then soon immediately after, I transitioned to questioning expertise, how we trust we’re so superior, when unquestionably, you can still boil important things down to the basics. We’re even now primates, nonetheless utilizing such simplistic equipment to do positions. Cups, spoons, heck, even auto engines are effortless and primitive. Once engaging in a head gasket project on my motor vehicle, I recognized that there seriously is not anything at all as well very problematic about powering an car. We won’t be able to go to Mars. We are not able to visit other worlds. We’re not meant for house journey. Our asses had been meant to remain on this world. I want to help pioneer space trips throughout the galaxy, but why don’t we encounter it. We may well be shrewd and modern sufficient to manipulate our surroundings, but our bodies can only deal with so substantially. Mild-velocity or teleportation just isn’t likely to operate. Sorry to say for us, we are an innately violent species and will conclude up exterminating ourselves, with no traces left for foreseeable future evolving species to know of our existence other than for the plastics and other non-biodegradable garbage we have left guiding. Also negative we dug up most of the dinosaur fossils. They won’t know of their existence possibly!

I enjoy how we suppose we know what the potential holds for us, nevertheless we are even now so primitive. We have hardly just started tapping into systems, but still at our core, we are a dumb species. Positive, we have intelligent and cost-free assumed, but we all do dumb issues with unwell-regard to common perception at moments. Still, we’re advanced to be contemporary out of our previous primate stage. We are not meant for all of this continual regularly commute to give good results to sit in a boring cubicle, when our bodies and minds have adapted to survive in the wild. Why do customers surprise why they’re so unsatisfied with living? This legitimate reason properly there.

And then it’s occur up to this position. For some legitimate reason, I boil us down to monkeys. It truly is so challenging to clarify. We’re creatures just like almost every other species on this world, still feel we are particular. I laugh when commercials come on for a hair-treatment item and you just see a human experience on the screen, splashing water on herself. Our marketing and advertising appeals are genuinely bizarre. Managing sneakers for the human foot. Ingesting chemical substances (Red forty. Why do we set this crap in our foods? It’s Done FROM PETROLEUM!) and classifying folks as “scorching” or “alluring”, Magazine handles with styles or celebs on the cover. To the core, they are just developed monkeys with shaved hair and articles of clothes on them that have a lack of regard to the authentic way of the marketplace and to them, see it all as “glamor” or “fashion”.

Can everybody grasp my idea of pondering right here? I know it truly is a small in-depth and it’s possible controversial, but this is how I have been contemplating for a calendar year now. It is really only gotten even worse- I would just like to conform to modern society and see factors like almost everyone else does. I have no concept why I start looking at someone and boil them down to a easy earth-mongerer relatively than a fellow human being. It truly is just what I do.

How can I prevent this? Or at minimum ease up on my pondering. Have I stumbled on some form of philosophical enlightenment or some thing?

Thank you!