Home > Transparency Posts > FDA launches consumer-friendly Web search for recalled products

FDA launches consumer-friendly Web search for recalled products

On April 4, 2011, FDA launched a new Web search to make it easier for consumers to search for food and other product recalls. The search results are in the form of a table that organizes information on recalls since 2009, by date, product name, product description, reason for recall, and recalling firm. The table also provides a link to the news release for each recall. This new display of recall information differs from the old display, which provided links in a scroll-down format. Before launching the new search function, FDA consulted with a range of interested stakeholders on how to communicate recall information most effectively. FDA believes the new display of search results will be much easier for consumers to use. Here is a link to the news release announcing the new Web search: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm249437.htm
and a link to the search Web page: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm.

Tags: ,
  1. April 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I think the addition of a search feature for medical device recalls is a very good idea. We have more and more people using more and more medical devices in the personal life so this makes sense.

2. tv
    April 14, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Well,I think it so good idea.

3. April 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm

With so much misinformation out there on the Internet, having one reliable place to search for product recalls is a great idea! Thanks for the info.

• divers watches
      October 18, 2013 at 6:18 am

Hi there our family participant! I have to claim that this text is actually astounding, terrific prepared are available together with roughly important infos. I’m going to discover more posts this way .

• yes bank net banking
      August 30, 2014 at 7:08 am

I knopw this if offf topic but I’m looking into starting my owwn blog annd was wondering what all is required tto get setup?
      I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
      I’m not vey internet smart so I’mnot 100% sure.
      Anyy recommendations or advice would be greatpy appreciated.
      Kudos

4. April 16, 2011 at 12:56 am

Very good for all customer.

5. April 26, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Long overdue, but well worth it now it’s here.

Hopefully this will get utilised and the benefits realised very soon.

6. Dee
    April 28, 2011 at 10:16 pm

This is something that has been a long time coming. Excellent. To have all recalls on one site makes things so much easier for consumers.

7. Katie
    May 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm

This is a great way for consumers to be notified, and able to look up recalls on their own. A lot of the recalls on this list I had not heard about and it is helpful and most importantly easy, to be able to look these up. Most American consumers do not understand how things are regulated, and what regulation there is with our food and other products that we use. Being able to quickly check if there is a recall on a product we use is a step forward. Creating a list on the internet is a cheap way for the government to get information out there. This list is similar to another bill that a group is trying to get created in the state of Michigan called the ‘Safe Children’s Products’ legislation ( http://www.mnceh.org/campaigns.lead.php). A few other states have already adopted this bill which creates a simple list on the internet of what toxic chemicals are in children’s products that we use. It is easy, and cheap, and allows parents to look up what chemicals that are potentially harmful to their children are in. We should all push our government to give us more information about toxins and recalls- it is good that the FDA is beginning to realize what is needed for American’s.

8. June 1, 2011 at 1:20 pm

This is a great advantage to the new savvy computer shopper.

9. Mel
    June 26, 2011 at 9:43 am

Web search for recalled products is a great option for consumers because not all of us watch TV news round the clock with the purpose to learn about drug recalls. Having a chance to avoid defective product is a big step forward!

10. July 7, 2011 at 4:47 am

Excellent service for consumers. One suggestion if possible: Subscriptions via email and also with cell phone text messaging. It would make everything so much more faster in regards of staying informed. Imagine being on your way to the food store and receiving a text message from this service about a recalled product? Another great idea would be to include nutritional supplements. There are so many supplements out there that risk people’s health that it would be very good to be informed on a regular basis on which ones are being investigated or pulled of the shelves!

• Skateboarding trick tip| skateboarding tricks| skateboarding how to
      July 15, 2012 at 11:37 pm

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have learn this post and if I could I desire to counsel you some attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more issues about it!

• скачать на android смс мелодии
      October 18, 2013 at 6:17 am

You actually help it become seem not that hard with your display however i in finding this issue to become really a thing that I believe I would by no means realize. It seems very difficult and intensely big personally. Now i am eager for the next release, I’m going to try and receive the adhere of it!

11. August 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I think this is an excellent idea for the food recall, but I wished they would have market it more for people to know about it.

12. August 20, 2011 at 8:13 pm

This is a great advantage to the new savvy computer shopper. Hopefully this will get utilised and the benefits realised very soon.

13. September 15, 2011 at 8:01 am

Excellent service for people. Hope it will be used and has the best results and benefits also!

14. September 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Awesome initiative. This Web search for recalled products will be extremely useful for consumers, but it will also have a effect on producers that will be more careful with quality.

15. September 17, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I agree it is an excellent service, and also agree that they would have market it more. Hope it will have positive benefits.

16. Track Cell Phones
    October 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I’m so glad that, at last, we have a service for product recall that is centrally managed. We’ve been waiting far too long for this from defective cell phones to faulty cars the timely and effective dissemination of recall has until now been a hit and miss affair – now we can track these centrally.

17. October 9, 2011 at 11:44 pm

This is a great service for consumers. I will definitely pass this information on to my clients. Thanks for making this search engine possible.

18. Duane Economos (@GainWeight123)
    October 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

This is excellent news. It is very difficult to find out about or track down recalls. Its seems manufacturers can sit back and gain weight while hiding behind non or mis-information. Keep up the good work.

19. Luis F.
    November 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Great idea, this would save us lots of time and make it easier for the comsumers.

20. deal genius coupon
    November 30, 2011 at 7:29 am

Hello Fdatransparencyblog,
    Thanks for the info, It would be incorrect to say that bankruptcy was useful and beneficial at any position of time. It was just the only choice that are available for all those who were as well far into personal debt. But, it is conceivable to defeat all these problems currently with the assist of debt settlement. A truly sizeable advantage that a credit card debt settlement has through personal bankruptcy is that it is greater buyer helpful.
    I look forward to your next post

21. December 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

Marc-Antoine was my Boss son. He had 25 years old. He was in BC for about 4 years. He was working in Pemberton in an agriculture farm. Here in Quebec, we desperately need news

22. Jak zhubnout
    February 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Thanks for the links and article. It really make it easier to search for food and other product recalls. This will definitely save people lots of time. I look forward to your next posts and bookmarking this site!

23. GogSmumessPem
    March 21, 2012 at 9:38 am

cool, thanks!

24. M Rio Flend
    July 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Database of usefull articles

25. Computer repair Grand Junction
    September 27, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Very nice, I’ve been searching for something like this for years.

26. sandiegohealthinsurancesite
    November 9, 2012 at 2:31 am

Great. I know some people this will be useful for.
    Thanks,

27. sebastienvaquier
    December 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm

thank you for this article it’s very interesting

28. Jennifer
    January 12, 2013 at 12:07 am

It will be interesting to see how 2013 may improve communication on FDA policies and procedures. We definitely need more communication on this!

29. William
    February 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Great idea, thanks for the info and the link to the the search Web page for recalled products very useful.

30. Edu Backlinks For Sale at only $5
    April 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm

By building backlinks, websites obtain additional take advantage of and appeal as an outcome of the attention they receive from top search engines such as Google. A web link building project is important for the success and improved efficiency for any type of website. This effective part of SEO methods has the power to make a remarkable and positive adjustment in site positions, quantity of traffic and the potential to increase revenues for online businesses.

31. รถเช่าเชียงใหม่
    May 1, 2013 at 3:04 am

I think the addition of a search feature for medical device recalls is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing.

32. ford sacramento
    May 24, 2013 at 5:54 am

So helpful and nice step taken by FDA! It is now much more convenient to search. The search includes records from 2009 that’s the better part. Thanks for sharing the useful information!!

33. Angie
    July 7, 2013 at 1:01 am

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with
    my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

34. SEO Tips for Newbies
    August 18, 2013 at 2:41 am

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us. You really put efforts in writing this post. Keep it up and thanks again for this valuable info.

35. Yachts in egypt
    November 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Thanks for sharing such informations like that, and waiting for more soon
    Regards

36. search engine Optimization tutorial
    September 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said
    “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell
    to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!