Home > FDA Basics > Upcoming Event: FDA Basics Webinar on the Import Entry Process

Upcoming Event: FDA Basics Webinar on the Import Entry Process

November 29, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

American consumers increasingly rely of goods manufactured in foreign countries: in Fiscal Year 2011, roughly 24 million shipments of FDA-regulated products were imported into the US. Regulating that large volume of varied shipments is a complicated and unending task, and one of great importance in the realm of consumer protection. Every day there are FDA field investigators in offices throughout the country and in FDA headquarters dedicated to providing this consumer protection.

The FDA will host a webinar “FDA’s Import Operations: How FDA regulates imported products”, Wednesday, November 30th at 11:00 AM ET. The featured speaker, John Verbeten, is a branch director for FDA’s Division of Import Operations and Policy and a former field investigator. He will give an overview and answer questions about FDA’s consumer protection activities related to imported products.

There are a limited number of spots available for the webinar. Materials from the webinar will also be made available on the FDA website following the presentation.

Learn more about the webinar, including instructions about how to join.

1. Jan Schmidli
    December 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed your article. Please keep me on your mail list.

Regards

Jan Schmidli

2. Ed
    December 12, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Will there be any follow up post? I wasnt able to attend.

3. Bill
    December 13, 2011 at 7:40 pm

This is a very important area and I would like to know more but I was unable to attend, will the materials be available online?

4. service@floodtechs.com
    December 21, 2011 at 1:27 pm

The very important task of checking everything that comes across our borders is overwhelming because of the huge quantity of things coming in. The great debate of “more regulation” or “less regulation” or “privatization” comes to mind when i think about this as it pertains to the FDA. Very interested in seeing the webinar.

5. Water Damage Restoration
    December 24, 2011 at 12:36 pm

In my opinion, most of the “bad food” issues seem to come from within our borders. I think that speaks volumes about the tremendous job that the FDA is doing protecting us from imported food goods…

6. f10f1111@yahoo.com
    December 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Will there be any follow up post?

7. London Massage
    January 9, 2012 at 3:38 am

I thoroughly enjoyed your article. Please keep me on your mail list.
    Regards
    Jan Schmidli

8. Asperger Signs
    January 11, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Very interesting story. I think it may be especially usefull for kids with aspergers symptoms.

9. kaipnumestisvorio
    February 25, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Is there a recording available? I cant find it anywhere.

10. John Galt
    December 11, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Looks like I missed it :(

11. vera bradley promo code 2014
    December 7, 2013 at 5:23 am

Fantastic web site content with this issue,I’ve been recently as part of your blog site once or twice currently.I recently needed to declare hey there along with exhibit our thanks for the tips supplied.

12. Simple home money program
    August 27, 2014 at 4:31 am

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our
    community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on.
    You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be
    grateful to you.

13. tuli
    September 17, 2014 at 5:37 am

When I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment.

There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that
    service? Thanks a lot!

14. http://pranktrawl.com/
    September 23, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I think the admin of this web page is actually working hard in favor of his website, as here every data is quality
    based information.

15. cheese
    September 26, 2014 at 5:45 am

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board
    and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

16. diethylene glycol msds
    September 28, 2014 at 12:03 am

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and
    I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to provide something again and help others such as you aided me.

17. Home
    October 13, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Thiis is myy first time vijsit at here annd
    i am truly happly to read all at one place.

18. Home
    October 14, 2014 at 2:37 am

I sikmply could not depart your site prior to suggesting
    that I really loved the usual info a person provide to your visitors?
    Is gonna be again continuously to check oout new posts

19. e hookah
    October 21, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care
    for such info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very long
    time. Thank you and best of luck.

1. November 29, 2011 at 5:48 pm