Home > Uncategorized > Report on Exploratory Program to Increase Access to the Agency’s Compliance and Enforcement Data

February 17, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

Recently, the FDA released a report titled, “Food and Drug Administration Transparency Initiative: Exploratory Program to Increase Access to the Agency’s Compliance and Enforcement Data.” that identified eight new initiatives adopted by FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D. to explore ways to increase the transparency of FDA’s compliance and enforcement data.  These initiatives are based on draft proposals FDA released on October 3, 2011, as well as on comments the public submitted in response to those proposals.

Focused on making the compliance and enforcement data FDA receives and generates more accessible and user-friendly, these initiatives are part of FDA’s ongoing efforts to enhance the public’s understanding of the Agency’s decisions and promote accountability of the Agency and industries it regulates.

Commissioner Hamburg launched FDA’s Transparency Initiative in June 2009.  The report issued recently, which advances that initiative, is part of FDA’s response to President Obama’s Presidential Memorandum on Regulatory Compliance, which directed federal agencies to make compliance information more publicly available, easily accessible, downloadable and searchable online.  A task force of key FDA leaders overseeing the Transparency Initiative endorsed all the specific initiatives presented in this latest report.

We invite the public to review the Agency’s progress in implementing other action items and draft proposals related to the Transparency Initiative at:

Daniel Sigelman

Senior Policy Advisor and Transparency Initiative Coordinator

1. Aritin
    February 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm | #1

very important article, nice reading here ! thanks for sharing with us !

2. Девня
    February 23, 2012 at 9:35 pm | #2

good to know… thank you

3. Anonymous
    February 26, 2012 at 5:03 pm | #3

this is very important things to read that wonderful article

4. brendaniglehart
    February 29, 2012 at 3:10 am | #4

I really appreciate these transparency efforts. I think that government agencies should be held accountable for their actions, just as I am held accountable as an individual citizen. I also like the focus on making data “user-friendly,” because too much data is almost as bad as too little. Overall, I think this is a nice change from the status quo and I look forward to hearing more on this initiative in the future.

5. cirugia estetica en colombia
    March 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm | #5

I’m still learning from you, but I’m improving myself. I definitely liked reading all that is written on your website.Keep the posts coming. I enjoyed it!

6. Bill
    March 22, 2012 at 11:53 pm | #6

As the FDA becomes more involved in the daily lives of people the transparency issues and accountability become all the more important. I favor an open approach and believe it will foster more support for the programs involved.

7. akruti
    April 7, 2012 at 10:34 am | #7

My friend told me to make sure you see Agency’s Compliance and Enforcement Data page and really it was a great post .Please do keep posted about this

8. hb
    April 23, 2012 at 3:56 am | #8

this is very important things to read that wonderful article~~

9. Ben Newton
    April 25, 2012 at 11:07 pm | #9

This information was very helpful and i look forward to reading more of your articles in the future. It is interesting to see what changes the FDA is making.

10. niceresturantsinnyc
    May 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm | #10

11. Bellamyz Zanghiv
    July 29, 2012 at 5:49 am | #11

You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be really something which I feel I would never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely broad for me. I am taking a look forward in your next post, I will attempt to get the hold of it!

12. Tienda online de peluqueria