Home > FDA Basics, Transparency Posts > Hearing Aids: The Basic Information You Need to Know

Hearing Aids: The Basic Information You Need to Know

Did you know that May is ‘Better Hearing and Speech Month’? Do you have questions about hearing loss and hearing aids?

Learn more Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. ET, when FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) will host a 30-minute Webinar to discuss basic information on Hearing Aids.

The featured speaker Shu-Chen Peng, Ph.D., CCC-A, Audiologist in CDRH’s Office of Device Evaluation, will discuss what consumers need to know about hearing loss, hearing aids and the different types and styles available and how to get the most out of your hearing aids.

After the presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions.

For information on how to join the webinar, please visit the FDA Basics website.  There are a limited number of spots available for the Webinar, however Webinar materials will be made available on the FDA Web site.

1. ao cuoi
    June 6, 2012 at 1:56 am

I am thank you public infomation.

2. Bryan Binkholder
    July 1, 2012 at 2:34 am

This was great to learn & hear more. My mom has been going through the experience of finding the right hearing aids for her and I will say it’s tormenting. The technology has sure come a long was in the last few years when my dad first began wearing them. It will be fascinating to see the changes in the next 10 years as medical research really encounters the expanding need due to Baby Boomers.

3. jearuiz01
    July 27, 2012 at 5:51 am

great information

4. Gelinlik
    August 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I participated to this event. It was very informative.
    Thanks for organization

5. Orkide
    August 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I am thank you public infomation.

6. Webmaster Forum
    September 6, 2012 at 5:15 am

useful infomation. Thank for your sharing about this post!

7. in8chiro
    February 18, 2013 at 3:33 am

I agree with Bryan that I am really interested to see where all of this technology is going. I’ve seen the videos of people, mostly children, getting the implants and seeing them hear for the first time. I wonder if one day something like that will be available in a smaller, hearing-aid, type package. Hopefully sooner than later.

8. hiv
    March 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm

i want 2 learn more about this Where can I go!!!

9. auto glass replacement in beaverton
    April 10, 2013 at 4:16 am

This site was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Appreciate it!

10. naveen
    April 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.

11. landscape supplies in ypsilanti
    May 2, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Hi there colleagues, how is all, and what you want to say
    about this paragraph, in my view its genuinely amazing in support
    of me.

12. Zahid Hasan
    January 22, 2014 at 7:08 am

Love all the opinions expressed here! You have nice info there.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this post.

13. jacky
    January 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm

good and nice

14. naksehat.com merupakan sebuah laman web yang menghimpunkan produk-produk kesihatan terbaik yang dapat menyihatkan tubuhbadan
    February 21, 2014 at 8:02 am

Magic the following. I’m content to expert a person’s article. Thanks so much and I’m waiting for effect a person. Will you remember to lower us a postal mail?

15. Kerala Tours Packages
    July 10, 2014 at 10:21 am

The new upcoming article blog is so great.I need this type of blog.Thanks