You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ (CTP) Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar will be moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and will allow for questions and answers at the end of the presentation.
Who: The FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products will host the webinar.
- Moderator: Kathy Crosby – Director, Office of Health Communication and Education, Center for Tobacco Products
- Featured Speaker: Mitch Zeller, J.D. – Director, Center for Tobacco Products
When: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. EST (previously scheduled for October 9th)
How to Join: To participate in the live webinar online, please:
- visit https://collaboration.fda.gov/fdabasicswithmitchzeller a few minutes before the webinar begins; and
- turn up your speakers for audio.
To prepare you for what will unfold in the webinar, take a look at CTP’s goals and priorities and start thinking of any questions you may want to ask Mr. Zeller.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
As you can see, CTP has a lot of information to share with you. So book this date and time in your calendar now—Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. EST — and don’t miss what is sure to be an informative presentation!
We’ll be taking questions you may have for our Director ahead of time via our Twitter account @FDATobacco or email. Webinar participants will also have the unique opportunity to ask Mitch Zeller questions live during the event. Please be sure to include your name and affiliation when asking a question.